Head to the Hurricane Ridge Ski Area this Winter
The Northwest is one of the most beautiful places in the world with striking mountainous views, sparkling waters, and picturesque coastlines. Many people move here just for outdoor recreation! Thankfully, the Hurricane Ridge Ski Area is only an hour from Sequim, WA, and only 40 minutes from Port Angeles, WA. For those who love heading to the beach in the warmer months and hitting the slopes in the winter, you’ll absolutely fall in love with the location of these small towns on the Olympic Penisula.
The Hurricane Ridge Ski Area is within the Olympic National Park, and it’s the westernmost ski area in the continental United States. Olympic National Park is a diverse preserved area with three distinct ecosystems: the Pacific coastline, temperate forests, subalpine forests, and meadow areas. The Hurricane Ridge Ski area is located in the alpine region, and powdery white snow typically covers the landscape in the wintertime.
If you’ve felt the call of the beauty of the Northwest, there’s so much to explore here on the Olympic Penisula and the Olympic National Park. Let us help you decide if this is the place you’d like to call home. Reach out to one of our seasoned and personable agents today!
Explore the Hurricane Ridge Ski Area and More near Port Angeles
With snow season just around the corner, local folks are gathering up their gear and getting ready to head up the mountain to the Hurricane Ridge Ski Area. But there’s more to explore in the Olympic National Park in the winter months, including snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and hikes along the coastline.
Here are our favorite outdoor activities for the colder months on the Olympic Penisula:
- Hurricane Ridge Ski Area: The season at Hurricane Ridge Ski Area generally runs from November through the end of March for downhill skiing, cross country, snowshoeing, and tubing. The family-friendly ski area includes two rope tows, a Poma lift, and a tubing park.
- Stroll along Pacific Coast: The beaches along the Pacific Coast are stunning any time of year. In the winter, bundle up and watch the swells, beautiful cloud formations, and gorgeous sunsets on the ocean. For those who enjoy watching a storm roll in, this is a great place to catch one.
- Winter Walks through the Rain Forest: The Hoh and Quinault Rain Forests are part of the Olympic National Park. Make sure to layer up and wear your waterproof gear, as these areas get an average of 12 feet of rainfall each year.
- Hike the Olympic Discovery Trail: Locals love this 90 mile stretch of completed trail that runs from Port Townsend to the coastal town of La Push, WA. The multi-use course is popular for walks, biking, and horseback riding.
- Explore the Dungeness Spit: As the longest sand spit in the US, this five-mile stretch in the Strait of Juan de Fuca is a natural wonder to explore and discover. The entire spit is recognized as the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, and it’s a fantastic spot for birdwatching and wildlife viewing.
Exceptional Views from the Olympic Penisula Coastline
There are so many outdoor attractions near Sequim and Port Angeles. The Hurricane Ridge Ski Area is just one of the popular winter activities that locals look forward to all year long. That’s why so many nature enthusiasts and extreme sports lovers flock to the Olympic Penisula. At Schwab Realty, we’ve been helping people from all walks of life find their forever homes in this area of Washington for more than 35 years.
Our highly knowledgeable staff all call this area home, so as your agents, we also become your neighbors. Whether you’re looking for a house, business space, or undeveloped land, we all have our finger on the pulse of what’s available or what’s coming to the market soon. We would love to answer any questions or help you explore all there is to explore in and around Sequim. Give us a call today, and we’ll help you start your search!