6 Great Washington Wineries Near Sequim
There are many incredible things to love about Sequim and the Olympic Peninsula as a whole – including indulging in some delicious wine tasting at nearby Washington wineries. Especially now, with international travel being limited, it’s a great time to get out and explore our own backyard. We’ve seen growing tourism in the Sequim area over the years – and even increased interesting in living in this beautiful and more affordable part of the state!
As you head out for new adventures this summer, don’t miss your chance to stop in and sip your way through our local Washington wineries in Sequim, Port Angeles, and Port Townsend. If you’re interested in coupling a little real estate shopping into your trip around the area, our local real estate agents, who have been helping clients buy and sell properties for decades, would love to help you find your next investment. Reach out to us today, and let us know if we can help you!
Washington Wineries on the Olympic Peninsula
Though the Olympic Peninsula might not be at the forefront of your mind when it comes to great places for wine tasting in the state of Washington, there’s definitely a good reason to add it to your list! Eastern Washington cities like Walla Walla and Yakima tend to be more commonly referred to as Wine country. However, there are some pretty great Washington wineries right here on the Olympic Peninsula!
And, of course, wine isn’t the only adult beverage worth sampling while you’re here – the area is also to the popular Finn River Cidery in Chimacum. Their farm is a spectacular place to spend a day, with great local food offerings, plenty of ciders to taste, beautiful grounds to explore, and often live music and entertainment to enjoy. As you begin your tasting adventure on the Olympic Peninsula, here are the Washington wineries to add to your list.
Sequim & Port Angeles Wineries
- Wind Rose Cellars – Here, they specialize in Italian varietals such as Dolcetto, Barbera, Primitivo, Sangiovese, and Nebbiolo. They also make small batches of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo, and Grenache. All wines are created with outstanding grapes from the vineyards of eastern Washington in Red Mountain, Wahluke Slope, and Yakima Valley.
- Olympic Cellars Winery – Located in the foothills of the Olympic Mountains, this is one of the oldest Washington wineries in the – the 15th oldest, to be exact. This boutique winery crafts small-batch lots using grapes from prestigious vineyards in eastern Washington. They create three different labels to fit any budget: Working Girl Wines, Olympic Cellars, and the Dungeness Series. The tasting room is housed in a heritage barn and is a beautiful setting for relaxing and sipping wine with friends and family.
- Harbinger Winery – Their mission is to make incredibly drinkable wine – and they have succeeded. Their Dynamo Red won a platinum award in past years, and their 2012 Malbec won double platinum awards. They select their grapes from vineyards in Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley, Frenchman Hills, and Prosser to create their lineup of crowd-pleasing blends.
- Camaraderie Cellars in Port Angeles has consistently been recognized as a leading producer of wines in the Pacific Northwest.
Port Townsend Wineries
- FairWinds Winery – Using some of the best growers in the Yakima Valley, this winery creates affordable Meads, Gewurztraminer, Cabernets, Merlot, and Ports. All their red wines are bottled without filtrations, and a minimum amount of sulfites are used in reds and whites.
- Port Townsend Vineyards – New to the winemaking community, this winery also planted its own organic vineyard in 2015. Visit their brand new wine production facility, with modern winemaking equipment and a tasting room. A second tasting room has opened in downtown Port Townsend, too.
- Eaglemount Winery/Cidery – This winery has a charming tasting room and inn located on 12 acres of farm and woodlands. What a great setting to sip their hard ciders and mead. They also create red wines such as Bordeaux, Cabernet, and Syrah using grapes from eastern Washington.
There is no need for the long journey to eastern Washington to visit some truly great Washington wineries. Our local Washington wineries bring the fruits of those vineyards to the Olympic Peninsula, where you can enjoy surrounded by the region’s famed natural beauty.
With such a wonderful blend of fine local wines, restaurants, and cultural attractions – not to mention its beauty – what’s not to love about living on the Olympic Peninsula. It’s pretty great here – and we’d love to show you how easy it is to make it your permanent home. Contact one of our Sequim Real Estate Agents and see all that Sequim has to offer.