Our Favorite Things to do in Sequim
This summer, traveling abroad is a challenge, which means once again more and more people are turning to destinations closer to home for adventure. There are so many incredible things to do in Sequim and on the Olympic Peninsula as a whole, which make it an unforgettable vacation destination this summer.
Whether you’re looking for a high mountain adventure, a little bit of fun on the after, or just a bit of rest and relaxation, you’ll find that there are plenty of things to do in Sequim to keep you as busy (or not) as you want to be. Sequim also happens to be centrally located on the Olympic Peninsula, between two of the other popular cities; Port Angeles and Port Townsend. From here, it’s easy to explore all of the many things to do on the Olympic Peninsula.
It probably won’t take you long to discover that Sequim is more than just a great place to visit – it’s also a delightful place to live and work! With more people working remotely these days, the Sequim real estate market has been booming. If you’re interested in moving to the Olympic Peninsula, whether in Sequim, Port Angeles, Port Townsend, or beyond, it’s time to talk with our seasoned Sequim Real Estate Agents. We have decades of experience that you can put to good use. Contact one of our wonderful Realtors in Sequim today.
10 Things to do in Sequim in Summer
When we say there are plenty of things to do in Sequim no matter your interests, we mean it! It’s a diverse and fun town to visit, and it’s not too far from the top attractions on the Olympic Peninsula, either. Whether combing local beaches or hiking to mountain-top meadows, we know you’ll enjoy a relaxing vacation in Sequim.
And, while exploring the great outdoors and marveling at the beauty of Mother Nature is is at the top of our list of things to do in Sequim this summer, that’s really just the beginning. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Sequim this summer
- Take a hike at the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, which is located on the longest natural sand spit in the United States. If you make the 11-mile (roundtrip) trek to the end of it, you’ll be rewarded with a visit to the Dungeness Lighthouse.
- Enjoy hiking in the forested hills and mountains near Sequim, or travel a little further and explore the Olympic National Park in Port Angeles.
- Bike the Olympic Discovery Trail, which passes through Sequim and offers stunning views of the Olympic Peninsula.
- Enjoy some wine tasting at the Olympic Peninsula Wineries, or head to the popular Finn River Cidery near Port Townsend.
- There’s no one season to take scenic drives on the Olympic Peninsula, but we think summer is pretty spectacular!
- Of course one of the most popular things to do in Sequim, given the drier weather, is to golf!
- Visit the beautiful Lavender fields of Sequim
- Head out on the water for some kayaking, canoeing, or fishing
- Enjoy berry picking at local farms, or visit the Sequim Farmers Market.
- Visit the Olympic Game Farm.
More to do on the Olympic Peninsula
Sequim is just one of the many great towns found on the Olympic Peninsula. If you’re willing to travel around, there are even more incredible things to do in Sequim and beyond. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Take in incredible views and hike to the top of the peaks at Hurricane Ridge.
- Explore the Elwah River, and wonder at just how dramatic the change in landscape has been since the removal of the dams.
- Stop at Lake Crescent Lodge and paddle your way around the lake as you admire the turquoise waters below.
- Take a walk on the opposite side of the lake along the Spruce Railroad Trail.
- Go hunting for fossils on Murdoch Beach.
- Explore the unique Victorian town of Port Townsend.
- Visit Fort Flagler Historical State Park and Fort Worden Historical State Park.
- Explore Tribal areas and pick up Tribal art from local tribes.
- Take a waterfall tour of the Olympic Peninsula. Great waterfalls include Marymere Falls, Madison Falls, and Sol Duc Falls.
- Enjoy all of the wonderful things to do in downtown Port Angeles.
Now’s a Great Time to Move to Sequim
With so many great things to do in Sequim this summer, many of which are accessible year-round, it’s no wonder we’re seeing an uptick in home sales in Sequim WA. If you’re considering making the Olympic Peninsula your home this year, we’d love to help you find the town that fits you best.
Get in touch with our Sequim Real Estate Office, and let us help you find your next dream home in Sequim WA or beyond.