6 Things to Know Before You Move to Sequim
A new year is here, and for many, that means new opportunities to work from home and move somewhere new. For the Olympic Peninsula and towns like Sequim, that means people moving out of the city and seeking forever home where they can be surrounded by nature and enjoy a better work-life balance. The City of Sequim is a great place to move, but before making that big of a decision, you probably want to know more, right?
When it comes to choosing a new place to live, you’ll need to think through what community amenities are important to you along with important factors like average home values and expected regional growth. It’s probably not surprising, but we happen to think the city of Sequim is an extraordinary place to move to. Famous for its year-round sunny skies, atypical for much of the Pacific Northwest, and its unparalleled access to the peninsula’s most popular natural attractions, there’s plenty to love about the city of Sequim
We’ve lived and worked in the Sequim area for decades, and would love the opportunity to show you around, answer any questions you may have about the area, and maybe even get started on the process of finding you a dream home. There are a number of reasons to move to the city of Sequim, but what’s your reason? Reach out to our seasoned Sequim Real Estate agents today!
Things to Know Before Moving to the City of Sequim
Only you know whether or not a given city is right for you, but we think there are countless reasons to consider the city of Sequim as a potential place to live and work. Not only is it jaw-droppingly beautiful up here in Sequim, with excellent waterfront homes, views of the Olympic Mountain range, and rolling rields of purple lavender, but it’s also a community packed with amenities.
We’ve received a lot of questions over the years about why we consider the city of Sequim to be such a great place to live. So here, we’ve compiled just a few things many of our clients wanted to know about the area before committing to live here.
- World-class access to health care. The nearest hospital is just 30 minutes away in Port Angeles, but there are plenty of excellent medical offices and specialists in Sequim itself.
- Great Community amenities. Downtown Sequim is filled with the perfect combination of independently owned small businesses and larger stores (like Costco), which means just about everything you need can be found right here in town. Moreover, it’s a thriving arts community, with plenty of art galleries and a community theatre. There are also a number of fitness centers, including the YMCA, a number of golf courses, restaurants, and so much more.
- Unbeatable weather (for the Pacific Northwest). Sequim is known as “the blue hole,” and for good reason. Sequim enjoys more sunny blue-sky days than many other areas in the Pacific Northwest because of the Olympic Mountain’s rainshadow effect. This is another reason pilots love retiring to the city of Sequim!
- It’s beautiful here. This one is fairly obvious, but just about everywhere you turn you’ll find stunning natural beauty. It really makes you appreciate where you live when you get to enjoy views like this every day!
- You can stay active year-round. The Olympic Discovery Trail runs right through Sequim, which means there are plenty of miles for biking and walking. And, with the relatively nice weather, you can do it year-round! There are also plenty of hiking trails in the Olympic National Forest and Olympic National Park, along with kayaking, fishing, golfing, and so much more. There’s no excuse for sitting around bored at home!
- It’s still affordable. This is one of the best selling points of the Olympic Peninsula and the city of Sequim. Parts of the Pacific Northwest are becoming outrageously expensive, pricing out even middle-class families. That isn’t the case on the Olympic Peninsula, though. Here, median house prices hover around the $300,000 mark, and we have low local property taxes and no state income tax.
There’s only one way to truly figure out if Sequim is right for you. Come here for a visit, walk our beaches, breathe in the lavender, dine at an excellent restaurant, hike the mountains, and see why so many have chosen to make this incredible town their home.
The Best Sequim Real Estate Agents
Of course, if you discover Sequim isn’t quite the right fit for you, there are plenty of other towns in the area to consider. Perhaps Port Angeles, if you’re looking for something a bit more family-friendly, or even Port Townsend if you’re looking for quirky and progressive? Either way, we’ll be with you every step of the way as you search for your new dream home.
If you’re seriously considering moving to the Pacific Northwest or moving farther west out of big cities like Tacoma or Seattle, your first step should be reaching out to our seasoned group of Sequim Real Estate Agents. There’s no better choice than Schwab Realty. Whether you’re looking for residential properties, land, commercial, farms, ranches, businesses, and investment properties, we’d love to be your partner in real estate in the city of Sequim and beyond. Contact us today!