Port Angeles Real Estate is Family-Friendly
We spend a lot of time talking about how great of a retirement destination Sequim is, but that’s just a small part of the real estate picture here on the Olympic Peninsula. Cities like Port Angeles offer plenty of wonderful opportunities for retirees, families, young professionals, and more. In fact, the Port Angeles real estate market has been heating up in recent months, especially with the general ability for young professionals to work from home.
Much as Sequim is diverse and offers a variety of options, so too is the Port Angeles real estate market diverse. In fact, it’s even more diverse, with a range of waterfront homes, family-friendly homes in the downtown core, quieter outlying communities, and homes nestled up higher in the mountains.
The options to buy Port Angeles real estate are plentiful, and we’d love to help you find your next big adventure. Reach out to our group of seasoned and friendly real estate experts today!
Get to Know Port Angeles Real Estate
The Port Angeles real estate market is plenty competitive and has been growing over the course of 2020. Even so, the average house price is relatively affordable, especially compared to large cities like Seattle. More and more young families are choosing to move their families to the west, embracing these vibrant and diverse community of Port Angeles. That is especially true as more and more professionals earn the ability to work from home.
There are plenty of buying opportunities in the area, and it will depend on what you’re looking for. Whether you end up on the water, in the heart of the city, on the quiet west end, or somewhere in the outskirts of town on acres of land, you’ll have the thriving heart of Port Angeles to rely on.
There are plenty of great reasons to consider making the move into the Port Angeles real estate market, not least of which is the natural beauty. Downtown, you’ll also find plenty of great shopping, a diverse range of restaurants, a lot of entertainment opportunities, a broad range of healthcare specialists, including a hospital, and exceptional opportunities for outdoor recreation. After all, the Olympic National Park is just outside your back door when you live in Port Angeles.
Some of the Best Things to do in Port Angeles
There’s no shortage of things to do in Port Angeles. From dining out and shopping downtown to heading into the vast wilderness of the Olympic National Park, this incredible town is a remarkable place to live and work. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Port Angeles.
- Visit Hurricane Ridge, which offers plenty of great hiking trails here, including the popular Hurricane Hill and the trail to Mount Angeles, along with stunning views of the mountains.
- Fish from the pier in downtown Port Angeles. While you’re there, don’t miss the opportunity to climb to the top of the observation tower for a beautiful view of this charming town.
- Visit the beautiful beaches around Port Angeles! One of the most popular beaches in the area is Salt Creek.
- Go hiking! There are endless options for trails in the area, but popular hiking trails near Port Angeles include treks to Lake Angeles, Klahanie Ridge, Grand Pass, and Elk Mountain via Obstruction Point.
- Bike along the portions of the Olympic Discovery Trail that pass through town, or head into the mountains for some extraordinary mountain biking adventures.
- Shop & stroll around Port Angeles’ charming downtown, where you’ll find a number of boutiques and gift stores, art galleries, indie bookstores, a gourmet market, and so much more.
- Go wine tasting! The Olympic Peninsula is home to 9 award-winning wineries, a few of which are in/near Port Angeles.
- Get to know the art, museums, and culture of Port Angeles! The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center is a beautiful art gallery and sculpture garden, the Elwha Heritage Center or the House of Learning (a.k.a. The Longhouse) is the perfect place to go to learn more about the original native Klallam people, and there’s even a mural trail around town.
- Dine at some of the top restaurants in Port Angeles, including the Next Door Gastropub, LD’s Woodfire Grill, C’est Si Bon, and Bella Italia.
- Once it reopens (hopefully in 2021), take the famous Coho ferry from downtown Port Angeles to Victoria, BC for the day.
Hire the Best Port Angeles Real Estate Agents
Schwab Realty is home to the best Port Angeles real estate agents to work with. Though our office is based in downtown Sequim, we serve all of the markets on the Olympic Peninsula, including Port Angeles.
Location is an important consideration to make when purchasing real estate, so you want to have experts on your side. We’ve lived and worked in our communities for decades, and have a thorough understanding of what each of them can offer for you and your family. Whether you’re looking to retire, relocate your family, or even start a family, Port Angeles is a wonderful place to start looking for your next home.
Bring the experts into your next real estate adventure. Contact Schwab Realty Today!