Our Favorite Things to do in Sequim This Fall
While the rest of the Pacific Northwest settles in for the rainy and dreary season ahead, there’s a bit more sun and dry weather to enjoy in Sequim. In fact, there really is a wonderful abundance of things to do in Sequim in the fall!. It was Sequim’s relatively mild, sunny, and dry weather is what first earned it so much national notoriety, as it was ranked one of the best towns to retire to in the country. But Sequim is more than just a great retirement town. It’s a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
There are plenty of things to do in Sequim this fall that will keep you busy, but this town also serves as the perfect jumping-off point from which to explore vast expanses of the Olympic Peninsula. Whether you’re into hiking, biking, taking scenic drives, fishing, or just relaxing and soaking up the local vibe, Sequim really is the perfect place to relax and unwind this fall.
It’s also a wonderful place to move – and we’re seeing people move here in record numbers as they work to escape the busy nature of modern cities. If you’re interested in the Sequim real estate market, perhaps a trip to explore this area is exactly what you need? While you’re here, stop in and chat with our seasoned Sequim Real Estate Agents. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have as to what it’s like living and working in the area. We have decades of experience that you can put to good use. Contact one of our wonderful Realtors in Sequim today.
Our Favorite Things to do in Sequim in the Fall
With world-class attractions like the Dungeness Spit National Wildlife Refuge, Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, and the Hoh Rainforest located on the Olympic Peninsula, there’s never a need for a dull moment when you live here. There is an incredible number of things to do in Sequim alone, not to mention hundreds of lesser-known local gems and places in the area. It won’t take you long to understand why people are moving to Sequim and surrounding areas at an increasing pace.
While exploring the great outdoors and gaining a deeper appreciation for our natural world certainly is at the top of our list of things to do in Sequim this fall, that’s definitely not all there is! Sequim also has an energetic downtown, where there is often something interesting happening.
There are also plenty of delicious restaurants to try, great shops to explore, some wonderful art galleries and artistic venues, and so much more. We’d love to hear your favorite way to celebrate fall in Sequim, but in the meantime, here are our 8 favorite things to do in Sequim in the fall:
- Head down to the wonderful Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, where you’ll find plenty of birds and wildlife to watch as you stroll along the longest natural sand spit in the United States. The coastal waters here also offer a great place to enjoy some kayaking on a calm, sunny fall day.
- Fall is one of our favorite times to head up into the mountains for some hiking. Not only will you enjoy plenty of colorful fall views, but you’ll get to enjoy the peace and tranquility of this time spent in nature without the often-big crowds of summer.
- If hiking isn’t your speed, why not hop on a bike and explore the reaches of the Olympic Discovery Trail? It passes through Sequim and offers a unique opportunity to tour the area off the beaten path.
- Enjoy some wine tasting at the Olympic Peninsula Wineries and Cideries. In Sequim, you’ll want to stop into Wind Rose Cellars – but in neighboring Port Angeles and Port Townsend, there are plenty of other wines (and ciders) to enjoy.
- If it does happen to be a rainy day in Sequim, there are some great coffee shops downtown that are an absolutely delightful place to spend a cozy afternoon. Elevate the experience and dodge into a few of the charming boutiques in the area, too. You won’t be disappointed!
- Fall is the season for salmon spawning. It’s a fascinating thing to watch, and you can do it at the historic railroad trestle bridge at Railroad Bridge Park.
- Get to know the Native Communities surrounding Sequim, and visit the nearby Northwest Expressions Native Art Gallery.
- With fewer crowds this fall come more opportunities to enjoy the remarkable town of Sequim. This includes heading out to local Sequim Restaurants and enjoying their delicious use of fresh and seasonal ingredients.
- One of our favorite things to do in Sequim each fall is to hop in the car and head out for a scenic drive. Whether you head out west towards the coast, or up in the mountains of the Olympic National Park, you’re sure to be rewarded with some stunning fall views.
- Head out to one of the many golf courses of Sequim, and enjoy the day. It never rains on the golf course, right?
Is it Time to Invest in the Sequim Real Estate Market?
After viewing this incredible list of things to do in Sequim this fall – which is by no means complete – do you think maybe it’s time you just consider moving here to enjoy all of these things and more? Getting outside and enjoy everything this has to offer will no doubt be a restorative experience this fall, filed with the fresh air and sunshine you need!
Contact us today at our Sequim Real Estate Office. We’ve been making dreams come true on the Olympic Peninsula for decades, and would nothing more than to help you find your next great home or property.