5 Reasons to Move to the Olympic Peninsula
Are you thinking about relocating to somewhere in the Pacific Northwest? There are a lot of wonderful places to live in the Pacific Northwest, of course, all depending on what amenities you want and what communities have to offer. In our opinion, there is no better place to live than the stunning Olympic Peninsula, which is home to charming towns like Port Angeles, Sequim, and Port Townsend. The Olympic Peninsula is famous for its impeccable natural beauty, including the famed Olympic National Park, featuring both coastal beaches and towering mountains.
Our real estate office is located in the charming town of Sequim, known the world-over for its Lavender fields, but we handle real estate all over the entire Olympic Peninsula. We’d love to show you around this summer, answer any questions you may have about the area, and maybe even get started on the process of finding you a dream home. There are a number of reasons to move to the Olympic Peninsula, but what’s your reason? We’d love to know! Reach out to our knowledgable real estate agents in Sequim today!
Why Should You Move to the Olympic Peninsula?
Why Should you move to the Olympic Peninsula? There are countless reasons, really, but it’s probably a question best answered in person. The Olympic Peninsula is jaw-droppingly beautiful, and that’s a beauty that you get to wake up to and appreciate every day when you live here. But the communities of the Olympic Peninsula are just as friendly and welcoming as they are beautiful, and that is one of the things we love most about living here.
As you try to figure out where you want to live, we recommend you come for a visit, walk our beaches, breathe in the lavender, dine at an excellent restaurant, hike the mountains, and see why so many have chosen to make this stunning peninsula their home. Everyone has their own special reason to live here, but here are the top reasons we hear from our clients:
- Natural Beauty. While it’s true that much of the Pacific Northwest that is mired in natural beauty (think Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, the North Cascades, Seattle’s waterfront), it’s also true that none of it compares to what you’ll find on the Olympic Peninsula. With towering old-growth forests, countless mountains, and breathtaking coastal beaches, the Olympic Peninsula really does offer the best of the Northwest.
- Mild Weather. Don’t laugh! The Olympic Peninsula certainly has some rainy spots, like Forks and the Hoh Rainforest. But did you also know that parts of the Olympic Peninsula, like Sequim, have on average more sunny days than cities further inland like Seattle? It’s true. Sequim, and even parts of Port Angeles and Port Townsend, are located in the rainshadow of the Olympic Mountains, which means less rain and more sun than other parts of the Pacific Northwest. We also have 4 distinct seasons here, with relatively mild weather throughout the year.
- Outdoor Recreation. Staying active is the key to longevity, and it’s easy to do up here on the Olympic Peninsula! There’s plenty of hiking trails, biking trails, boating, kayaking, fishing, and even plenty of snowsports, to enjoy right here on the Peninsula. Did we mention we have it all?
- Great Communities. Walk around the downtowns of Sequim, Port Townsend, and Port Angeles, and you’ll see the signs of fun and welcoming communities. They each have their own unique character and offerings, but all of them are community-oriented active and fun places to live.
- Houses are Affordable. This is one of the best selling points of the Olympic Peninsula. Parts of the Pacific Northwest are becoming outrageously expensive, pricing out even middle-class families. That isn’t the case on the Olympic Peninsula, though. Here, median house prices hover around the $300,000mark, and we have low local property taxes and no state income tax.
Work With Our Real Estate Agents
There’s so much more to say about life in this far west corner of the state, but for now, we’ll leave it there. If you’re seriously looking to buy a new home in the Pacific Northwest, we urge you to reach out to our Olympic Peninsula real estate agents to ask questions and start looking.
There’s no better choice than Schwab Realty, which has been in the business of connecting people to their dream homes for decades. Whether you’re looking for residential properties, land, commercial, farms, ranches, businesses, and investment properties, we’d love to be your partner in real estate on the Olympic Peninsula. Contact us today!