10 Reasons a Sequim Retirement is in Your Future
A Sequim retirement to this scenic town on the lovely Olympic Peninsula has become the perfect choice of many happy seniors. It’s not a surprise that Sequim has one of the highest percentages of seniors in the state of Washington. The active retiree community enjoys all the amazing amenities this wonderful town offers to fit their specific needs.
The reasons to plan a Sequim retirement range from the very practical to enjoy the stunning landscape. Sequim is known for its scenic location with a shimmering coastline, a lush valley filled with lavender farms, the world’s longest natural sand spit, and the nearby mountains with miles of hiking trails. During your Sequim retirement spend the day biking, hiking or boating and the evening enjoying fine dining in the charming town center. Aside from the dozens of idyllic lavender fields, Sequim is famous for its amazing year-round weather. Nestled in the Olympic Rainshadow, Sequim sees very little rain and mild temperatures in every season.
A Sequim retirement also provides all your practical needs to live a comfortable life in this beautiful setting. Hundreds of local doctors offer all the primary and specialist care you could need. The strong senior community with classes, clubs and living options creates the best Sequim retirement for all. While the low cost of living and minimal taxes is also appealing to those living on a fixed income. With a wide variety of large grocery and big-name stores, there’s no need to drive for miles to get the essentials. Also visit the unique locally-owned shops, restaurants, and farm stands within the quaint, walkable downtown. Meet the warm and welcoming community of a Sequim Retirement found at the churches, groups and recreation clubs. Contact one of the friendly brokers at Schwab Realty to start looking for your piece of paradise in Sequim.
10 Best Amenities for a Wonderful Sequim Retirement
- A Beautiful Location – A Sequim retirement means living in an amazing location on the Olympic Peninsula. Here you’ll be surrounded by a sparkling coastline, snow-capped mountains, national parks with old-growth forests and a lush valley with serene farmland.
- Ideal Weather Year-Round – All the wonderful scenery can be enjoyed in any season during a Sequim retirement. Sequim only averages about 15 inches of annual rainfall because of its protected location within the Olympic Rainshadow. Temperatures are mild throughout the year, resulting in winters without bitter cold and no sweltering heat in the summer months.
- Abundant Recreation Indoors & Outdoors – A Sequim retirement is great for active seniors who love biking, hiking, kayaking, and golf. Meet up with others to share an interest or learn something new. Hiking or biking groups meet regularly on the fantastic Olympic Discovery Trail. While morning bird-watching groups start their day at the Dungeness Audubon Center. The local YMCA also has a whole series of fitness programs for older adults such as group exercise, yoga, dance classes, and social events and activities.
- Low Cost of Living and Taxes – Not only are homes affordable in Sequim (the average around $200,000) but there’s no state income tax in Washington State. Enjoy the financial freedom of tax-free income from Social Security, pensions and retirement accounts
- Great Medical Facilities – Seniors enjoy excellent access to high-quality medical services during their Sequim retirement. Over a hundred doctors have offices and clinics in Sequim that include primary care, specialists, dentists, oral surgeons and many more.
- Senior Living Communities – In addition to 6 senior living communities, including independent, assisted living and memory care, a Sequim retirement also offers senior social centers.
- Variety of Transportation – The Olympic Peninsula has a wealth of great historic cities and gorgeous national park treasures to visit on road trips. However, driving is not the only way our active seniors get around. In fact, many are hobby pilots and enjoy boating along the beautiful Sequim coastline. Bus and taxi services are also available in Sequim that connects residents with the impressive network of the Washington State Ferries and Blackball Ferries.
- Places of Worship – Many seniors stay connected to friends and the community in general through an active place of worship. Sequim has over 30 local places of worship covering many denominations and two synagogues are located in nearby Port Townsend.
- All Your Shopping Needs – Residents enjoy their Sequim retirement strolling the charming downtown with locally owned and unique shops. However, it’s just a short drive to highway 101 to shop at the big-name stores. Enjoy the choice of grocery shopping at large supermarkets, convenience stores, and quaint farm-fresh markets and stands.
- Wonderful Restaurants – The over 60 restaurants in Sequim include romantic cafes, cozy diners, and lively pubs, just pick what you want for dinner tonight. The fresh-caught fish from the coast and the bounty of the Dungeness Valley offer local chefs the very best ingredients for their wonderful dishes.
Start planning your active, relaxing and simply wonderful Sequim retirement today. Contact our fantastic team at Schwab Realty and we’ll help you through every step. We know the area inside and out and can’t wait to help you find your dream home.