Top 5 Amazing Things to Do in Sequim this Fall
You’ll never run out of great things to do in Sequim this fall. The mild, sunny year-round weather makes enjoying the beautiful coastline and hiking trails a pleasure. While the fun, energetic downtown always has something going on and of course excellent restaurants. Then there are always festivals to check out in Sequim and at neighboring towns. Nestled between the majestic Olympic Mountains and the shining Strait of Juan De Fuca, Sequim’s landscape cannot be beat. When looking for things to do in Sequim it’s hard to just limit it to a top 5 list. Discover the secret that Sequim residence already know, there is something for everyone in our town. Let our team at Schwab Realty help find your next home on the stunning Olympic Peninsula.
5 Fantastic Things to Do in Sequim
Within the serene Dungeness Valley, Sequim is protected by the Olympic rain shadow. This creates the wonderful weather Sequim experiences all year. Locals and visitors alike enjoy hiking, biking and kayaking the trails and coastline in any season. Sequim also has a lively arts, restaurant and festival scene, so residents never run out of interesting things to do. Visit Sequim this fall and discover the top 5 things to do in Sequim:
- Enjoy the Coastline – Sequim has miles and miles of beautiful coastline and the largestnatural sand spit in the United States. Walk the sandy beach of the Dungeness Spit jutting out into the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Keep an eye open for wildlife and enjoy stunning mountain views on your way to the historic lighthouse. Many residents and visitors find great kayaking opportunities on the Sequim coastline. They explore the tranquil bays or venture out to windy open waters. Both provide a great vantage point to observe the local orcas and seals as well as the amazing views. At the end of the day take in the gorgeous sunset over the endless horizon.
- Go on a Hike – One of the treasures of Sequim is the easy access to the extraordinary Olympic Discovery Trail. Pick up the trail at The Dungeness River Audubon Center, then hike, jog or bike over a trestle bridge crossing the Dungeness River. The path travels north to Port Angeles with miles of waterfront views along the way. Also explore the miles of hiking trails through old growth forests to sweeping summit views. Some of the best trails are Hurricane Hill Trail, the Rain Shadow Loop Trail, Slab Camp Creek, and Lower Grey Wolf River trails.
- Discover the Arts – Sequim has a thriving arts and gallery community. Every month the downtown hosts a First Friday Art Walk. It’s a celebration of talented local artists and a fun way to enjoy the participating galleries, shops and restaurants. While the Wind Rose Cellars wine bar hosts live music every weekend. Sip a flight of wine while listening to blues, jazz or folk bands. Fall also includes the amazing 14th Annual North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival. This interactive event hosts a museum exhibition, educational demonstrations, and hands-on workshops for children and adults.
- Attend a Fall Festival – There’s almost always a festival going on in Sequim and the surrounding towns. Applestock 2019 is a 2-day event with live music, cider pressing, bonfires, food and family fun. While the Riverfest and Waterfront Festival celebrate Sequim’s waterways, boating and conservation. Nine wineries and cideries on the Olympic Peninsula invite you to “Sip and Savor the Flavors of Fall” during the 2019 Harvest Wine Tour. Bring your appetite to the Port Angeles waterfront for the mouth-watering Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival.
- Dine at a Romantic Restaurant – For a quaint small town, Sequim has an amazing number of talented chefs. For wonderful, fresh caught seafood served with a waterfront view go to The Dockside Grill overlooking Sequim Bay. While Alder Wood Bistro offers creative cuisine made with the highest quality organic ingredients from local farms. Within a renovated Episcopalian Church, Blondie’s Plate serves excellent northwest contemporary cuisine and great cocktails. Relax at the idyllic farm setting when dining at Nourish. Their delicious, satisfying meals use ingredients from local farms, fishermen and ranchers.
Take a scenic drive to the Olympic Peninsula this fall and discover all the best things to do in Sequim. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable agents at Schwab Realty. We’d love to show you around and share our favorite things to do in Sequim as well!