Sequim Festivals to Plan for in 2019
Sequim hosts dozens of festivals throughout the year that celebrate a vast number of interests and activities. The events include birding, biking, lavender, wine and delicious Dungeness crab, all in the beautiful setting of the Olympic Peninsula. The diverse gatherings also show off the stunning coastlines, forests, farms and mountains that surround Sequim. While the festival events offer up great food, wine, music, arts and recreation. All this make Sequim a fun and lively place to visit. Locals never run out of entertaining and interesting things to do in our great town.
Calendar of Festivals in 2019
The festival season is year-round in sunny Sequim and there’s always something new to explore. Here’s what to look forward to in 2019:
- Red Wine, Cider and Chocolate Tour: Sample extraordinary wine and decadent chocolates while touring the local wineries and cideries.
- Birdfest : Celebrate Spring at this avian event that includes talks, hikes and boat tours hosted by the Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society.
- Wine, Cider and Cheese Tour : Savory artisan cheeses are paired with wonderful local wines and ciders at regional tasting rooms.
- The Sequim Irrigation Festival: Washington State’s longest running festival includes logging demos, parades and street fairs.
- North Olympic Discovery Marathon: This Olympic Discovery Trail marathon includes 5 miles along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- Sequim Lavender Weekend: Thousands tour the stunning purple fields of lavender and stroll the street fair.
- Tour de Lavender in Sequim: Cyclists love the scenic tour of stunning lavender farms in full bloom.
- Olympic Music Festival: Port Townsend’s Wheeler Theater hosts multiple classical concerts.
- Northwest Colonial Festival: This historic festival includes a colonial village and battle reenactments.
- Air Affaire: Aviation lovers gather for aerial demonstrations, hot air balloon rides, music, and food.
- Riverfest: Celebrate the beautiful Dungeness River with great activities, food and fun.
- Waterfront Festival: The John Wayne Marina hosts this boating event with races and great food.
- Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival: Bring your appetite to the Port Angeles waterfront for the most delicious festival.
- Harvest Wine Tour: Sample the bounty of the region’s winemakers.
Sequim has lively events every month that create a connected and engaged community. All this, in addition to mountain and water views and you have an amazing place to call home. Contact our helpful agents at Schwab Realty and plan a visit to sunny Sequim.