5 Reasons to Visit Sequim this Winter
Winter is a great time to visit Sequim. There are many reasons to explore this piece of paradise on the Olympic Peninsula. We have great sunny weather year-round with mild winter temperatures. The landscape is amazing, with beautiful coastlines, forests, valleys and snow capped mountains in the distance. Not to mention Sequim’s walkable downtown with great shops, restaurants and cafes. Plan a weekend escape to sunny Sequim on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula this winter.
Winter Adventures in Sequim
It’s hard to pick just 5 reasons to visit Sequim. There’s so much to explore and experience. However, here are the choices on the top of our list:
- Hurricane Ridge – Within the Olympic National Park this ski area offers great conditions with all the snowy recreation options. Visitors can enjoy the day skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowshoeing and sledding.
- Winter Hiking – Experience the peaceful serenity that only winter hiking offers while exploring the Olympic National Forest trails or Sequim’s stunning Dungeness Spit.
- Olympic Discovery Trail – Pick up this 120 mile path at the historic Railroad Park in Sequim then travel west towards Port Angeles for an amazing adventure. Perfect for winter biking or running, this section of the trail crosses over the rushing Dungeness River, through idyllic farmland, then parallels the Strait of Juan De Fuca for 5 miles of open water views.
- Winter Events – Art lovers, bird watchers and wine connoisseurs can all find interesting events in Sequim. Wind Rose Cellars is always a stop in the Olympic Peninsula Red Wine, Cider and Chocolate Tour. Downtown Sequim celebrates the arts with dozens of shops, bakeries and restaurants participating in the First Friday Art Walks. While the Dungeness River Audubon Center hosts weekly bird walks and fascinating guest speakers.
- Fantastic Restaurants – After hiking, skiing, or biking treat yourself to an amazing meal at one of the many excellent dining options. Whether you’re looking for a hearty breakfast, romantic dinner, or drink at a lively pub, Sequim has all these choices and more.
Once you visit Sequim and experience the beautiful landscape, wonderful recreation and vibrant downtown, you may never want to leave. Let our knowledgeable agents show you around our great town. You just might find the home of your dreams.