Wine Tasting on the Olympic Peninsula
Find a wonderful wine to pair with your holiday celebrations at the excellent wineries of the Olympic Peninsula. Although eastern Washington is famous for wine, the wineries west of Seattle also offer excellent choices. Spend the day exploring the beautiful mountain and coastline views while sampling delicious local wines. When planning a winery tour the The Olympic Peninsula Wineries is a great resource with locations and information. Also check out their events throughout the year during fun festivals and specialized wine tours. Begin 2019 with a heavenly pairing at the “Red Wine and Chocolate Tour” or the “Wine, Cider and Cheese Tour.” In the Fall sample a glass at the “Dungeness Crab Festival” or the “Harvest Wine Tour.” Whether you’re touring on your own or joining an event, stop by Sequim during your travels. With a central location and has many exceptional restaurants.
Wine and Cider Tasting Rooms
Treat yourself to a scenic drive through the Olympic Peninsula, while tasting the excellent wines. Enjoy amazing views of the Olympic Mountains and the Strait of Juan de Fuca along the way. Discover your new favorite at one of these tasting rooms:
Port Angeles Wineries:
- Olympic Cellars Winery – In the beautiful foothills of Olympic Mountain, taste award winning wines in a restored heritage barn.
- Harbinger Winery – Artfully combine grapes from the Columbia, and Yakima Valleys create their award winning Dynamo Red and Malbec. Sip flights and small bites in the ex-logging truck shop transformed into an inviting tasting room.
- Camaraderie Cellars – Their 25 years of wine making have earned them over 400 medals and awards. Favorites are their wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Dolcetto wines.
Port Townsend Wineries:
- FairWinds Winery – The iconic masted ship on their label salutes the mariner heritage of the town. Using the best grapes from the Yakima Valley, they produced affordable Meads, Gewurztraminer, Cabernets, Merlot and Ports.
- Port Townsend Vineyards – This winery joined the community in 2015. You can tour their 11-acre organic vineyard, which is now the largest one in the Puget Sound. Visit their two tasting rooms, one at their wine production facility and the other in the downtown.
- Eaglemount Winery/Cidery – Enjoy a wonderful Bordeaux, Cabernet or Syrah in their relaxing tasting room located on 12 acres of farmlands.
End your wine journey at Wind Rose Cellars in Sequim. Their tasting room is a great place to check out live music, share some small plates and appreciate the latest art show. Access to excellent local wineries, great festivals and world class restaurants make Sequim an exciting community. If this sounds like your kind of town, contact us at Schwab Realty and we’ll help you find the perfect home on the Olympic Peninsula.