Explore Sequim’s Lavender Festival
The lavender farms in Sequim are exploding with deep purple blooms. And the vibrant fields announce the arrival of the 22nd Lavender Festival. Held in the Lavender Capital of North America, charming Sequim, Washington. Thousands of visitors flock to this beautiful corner of the Olympic Peninsula for a three day party. The event includes farm tours, an arts fair, great food and live music. It’s no surprise that this popular festival won 1st place in 2017 for Best Festival of Clallam County. Join the celebration in Sequim July 20th, 21st and 22nd.
Sequim Lavender Street Fair
For a complete experience check out the Lavender Street Fair all three days of the festival. This high-end juried street fair with artisans from around the country. Find almost any lavender product here including oils, soaps, lotions, culinary ingredients and bouquets. Also find great art at the 150 booths, and choose from photography, pottery, jewelry, and sculpture.
Explore the “street” fair at the Carrie Blake Community Park. The new location allows for more vendor space and parking. A “Celebrity” Photo Booth and Lavender Scavenger Hunt have been added to the fun. Also the Olympic Driftwood Sculptors invite visitors to their art show at the Sequim Middle School with work from 150 artists.
In addition to fine arts and crafts, there’s a diverse food court, live music and a street dance. LavenderStock, has a main stage that includes live music and entertainment. Musical choices range from blues, folk, and rock to Caribbean, jazz, and big band. Stop by the delicious food court to fuel up on BBQ, street tacos, seafood and 6 flavors of lavender ice cream. Kids find fun at the fair with arts and crafts, an obstacle course, quick golf, photo scavenger hunt and a dance and karaoke party of their own. While the adults can stop by the wine, beer and spirits garden for refreshing lavender margaritas and martinis. Sample some lavender blackberry wine from Hurricane Hills Winery while enjoying great music and food.
Self-Guided Lavender Farm Tours
Touring the idyllic farms with vibrant purple meadows cannot be missed during this weekend. This year eight farms and one nursery open their fragrant fields to the public. Plan your route for this free self-guided tour and be sure to pick up some unique products.
- Blackberry Forest – Be sure to bring your camera when visiting this 16 acre farm with sweeping views of Sequim Bay and the Olympic Mountains. Find wonderful lavender products and also a “forest” of luscious Himalayan blackberries.
- Graysmarsh Berry & Lavender Farm – Cut fresh lavender and pick the sweetest berries while visiting. Take home yummy berry preserves including raspberry with lavender, strawberry, blackberry, and loganberry.
- Nelson’s Duck Pond & Lavender Farm – After picking flowers stop by the gift shop with a wide array of body, home and cooking products.
- Kitty B’s Lavender Farm – Breathe in the sweet aroma while strolling this scenic 2.5 acre farm with over 2,000 plants.
- Mali’s Lavender – This smaller farm is an expansion of Victor’s Lavender, one of Sequim’s most expert growers. A great place to pick up some plants for your own garden.
- Earth Muffin Lavender – This welcoming small business carries products for bath, body and home all with warm customer service.
- Troll Haven – A truly unique 200 acres property along Discovery bay, with whimsical buildings and sculptures. Stroll the fruit orchards and visit with the farm animals. Not only do they offer lavender products, but visitors can pick the seasonal fruit.
- Fat Cat – Bring your picnic lunch to enjoy after picking some bouquets. Then browse the gift shop for lotions, shampoos, chocolates, and gift packages.
- Peninsula Nursery – Choose some plants for your own garden at this full service landscape company.
Come see Sequim at its most beautiful during the Lavender Festival. The rolling purple fields glow in the lush Sequim Valley with snow capped mountains in the distance. Add a shining water view of the bay or the Strait of Juan de Fuca, for a picture perfect setting. Many festival visitors are enchanted by Sequim and decide to make their home here. Contact one of our friendly agents at Schwab Realty and see the possibilities our great town has to offer.