Fitness Choices Abound in Sequim
Fitness goals are easily met in an active town like Sequim. Residents love living in the “Olympic Rain Shadow” where there is little rain and abundant sunshine. Outdoor activities are enjoyed year round because of this consistently great weather. However, Sequim also has many indoor fitness options such as gyms, pools, and yoga studios. After a day of hiking, biking, or crossfit, visit a relaxing spa for a massage or facial. Staying healthy in Sequim is fun with the variety of exercise options indoors and outside.
Fitness Activities in the Great Outdoors
Outdoor enthusiast choose Sequim as their home because of its ideal weather. Our residents enjoy more sunny days and less rain than any other region in Western Washington. Staying fit is fun and interesting because of the wide range of choices. Bike the Olympic Discovery Trail for a few miles or all the way to the next town, on a safe, well maintained trail. Choose from an endless list of hiking trails in the nearby Olympic National Park with options for all difficulty levels. In the warmer months take a kayak out and explore Sequim’s gorgeous coastline. Not to mention snowy adventures at Hurricane Ridge in the winter months. Or maybe a relaxing game of golf with friends is your perfect afternoon. And of course Sequim’s city parks and quaint downtown make for enjoyable walks. Being outside and active is just the way of life for Sequim locals.
Fitness and Yoga Classes
Sequim also has many indoor fitness options to supplement the outdoors. The local gyms, yoga studios and pools will help build strength, flexibility and improve your overall health. There is a place to meet every fitness preference:
- Anytime Fitness – And they mean anytime! Members can workout 24/7, and feel secure with their 24 hour security system. Certified fitness coaches are also available for one-on-one training.
- 360 Sports – Here they specialize in crossfit, kettlebells classes and personal training.
- YMCA of Sequim – There are tons of exercise classes for all abilities and ages here. However, this is the place to swim with its six lane lap pool, family pool, and hot tub.
- Sports Fit Training Center – Not getting the results you want on your own? Try their trainer-lead system of workout and nutrition goals to reach your full potential.
- Fit4Life Studio – This small gym packs a full body workout in a small space. Enjoy smaller classes or work with a personal trainer for a more custom session.
- Strong Points Fitness – This gym focuses on three points of fitness; flexibility, strength and overall health.
- Northwest Fitness & Massage – Their personal training, and massage practices are designed to improve mobility, flexibility, posture and strength.
- Perfect Balance – A combination of pilates, TRX classes, and personal training will help you reach your fitness goals.
- Via Vita Yoga – Walk into this calm, nurturing atmosphere and improve your health and overall well-being with rejuvenating yoga practices.
- Bodhi Tree Yoga – Their yoga classes are created to improve flexibility and strength, in addition to increasing a mind-body connection.
Top Off a Day of Fitness with a Spa
Treat yourself to a massage or facial after a day of completing your fitness goals. Loosen muscles with a therapeutic massage after a challenging workout, or maybe a facial or body wrap is your perfect reward. The spas in Sequim have all the service and treatment options:
- Lavish Day Spa – This spa, located in the heart of downtown Sequim, helps visitors feel more beautiful and relaxed. They offer facials, waxing and therapeutic massages.
- Sanctuary Day Spa – Be pampered and renewed with whole body treatments that erase stress and calm the spirit. They offer men and women facials and wraps for all skin types.
- Skin Envy Studio – The plant and fruit based masks here sound good enough to eat! They have facials, waxing, chemical peels, and even teeth whitening.
- Health and Harmony Massage – Find the perfect therapeutic massage to reduce your pain, stiffness, or stress.
- Kami Westfall Massage Therapy – They will bring massage therapy to the comfort of your own home. Offering waxing, facials, body wraps, and couples massages.
Fitness and healthy lifestyles are part of the culture in Sequim. Living here means having a favorite hiking, snowshoeing or biking trail. Friends and neighbors meet up for a round of golf, a crossfit workout or yoga class. Come visit us and meet our wonderful agents to learn more about living in lively Sequim.