Sequim Holiday Shopping and Events
The Sequim arts and small business communities are ready for the holidays! Spend the day shopping in Sequim and checking off your holiday gift list at a local boutique. They’ll give you the personal attention not found at big chain stores. Then enjoy a wonderful dinner at one of our many restaurants. Top off the evening enjoying a holiday concert, dance performance or play.
Holiday Shopping in Sequim
Sequim has a vibrant downtown with unique shops and diverse restaurants. And they are ready to make your holiday shopping fun with a few added events this December:
- Elk on the Shelf – Hey, it’s the Pacific Northwest, so Sequim has the Elk on the Shelf! 20 local business are participating in this fun scavenger hunt for all kids. While the parents get their shopping done, youngsters will search stores for the hiding elk. You have until December 22nd to find an elk at each of the businesses listed on the game card. Once you’ve collected 15 stamps, turn it in for a chance to win a prize.
- Custom Sequim Holiday Gift Baskets – Forage Gifts & Northwest Treasures will help you build the perfect gift basket full of local and regional goodies. The base price of a basket starts at $15 and can be customized up from there. It’s a great gift for the family member or friend that has everything.
- Sequim Holiday Farmers Market – On December 23rd, visit the Holiday Fair at Carrie Blake Park’s Guy Cole Center from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Find beautiful gifts made by local artisans and help raise money for the Food Bank. The Food Bank will offer gift wrapping by donation that will raise money for 1,500 Turkey dinner baskets for families in need.
After browsing the Sequim downtown shops and enjoying a delicious meal at local cafes, experience the lively performing arts. You’ll be whistling holiday tunes all the way home after a fun evening out.
- “A Very Merry Christmas” Concert – The Olympic Peninsula Men’s Chorus performs traditional Christmas songs and carols on December 2nd at 6:30pm at the Olympic Theatre Arts. The toe-tapping evening includes special guests “FarmStrong”, a great country and bluegrass band. And the audience sing-a-longs will have everyone’s voices soaring.
- Holiday Variety Show – From December 7th to 10th take a trip down a Christmas memory lane at this holiday variety show. Your heart will be warmed with classic Christmas songs and stories. Also brighten your season with some contemporary music and tales that will become your new favorites.
- White Christmas – Ghostlight Productions performs “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” December 7th to 16th. This is a musical version of the beloved film that fills your holiday with romance. You will be humming along to famous songs such as “Blue Skies”, “How Deep is the Ocean,” and of course, “White Christmas”.
- The Nutcracker Ballet – The holidays would not be complete without this classic ballet. Cheer on local dancers from the Sequim Ballet on December 15th through the 17th at Olympic Theater Arts.
After strolling Sequim’s charming downtown, with its special shops and excellent restaurants, you may picture living here year round. And there’s no shortage of entertaining performing arts shows and holiday cheer! Contact our friendly agents and learn more about joining the Sequim community.