The Added Value of Living in Sequim
There are many, many reasons to live in the charming, relatively sunny town of Sequim. Some of these reasons, such as the weather, are more obvious than others. Sequim is located in what is famously known on the Olympic Peninsula as the “blue hole.” Really, what that means, is Sequim is situated in the rainshadow of the Olympic Mountains, which affords it many more of those beautiful dry and sunny days that the Northwest isn’t well known for. While that is certainly fantastic and an important part to life here, it’s not the only reason to consider living in Sequim. We’ve been Real Estate Agents in the Sequim area for over 30 years, and are well-versed in the many spectacular reasons to call this corner of the world home. We’d love to share some of these with you. Contact us for more information about relocating to Sequim.
Benefits to Living in Sequim
The Olympic Peninsula really is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The Olympic Mountains tower in their rugged glory about the sparkling blue waters of the Straits of Juan de Fuca, while lavender fields and farms fill in the spaces in between. We could talk for hours about how great it is to be living in Sequim, but we think the city’s amenities speak for themselves. Sure; there’s the sun. But here are a few other added benefits to living in Sequim:
- Sequim offers plenty of affordable homes. We find that many of our clientele are moving up here from the California market. Houses and Utilities here are both much more affordable, which makes this an excellent opportunity to exit the increasingly fierce competition facing many California markets.
- Breath deep; the air in Sequim is brisk, clean, and always fresh. You can leave the smog filled bigger cities, like Los Angeles, behind as you embrace the freshly washed air of the Pacific Northwest.
- Sequim residents have access to top-notch Healthcare, without having to head into a bigger city like Seattle.
- There is an active and well-seasoned retirement community in Sequim, and has been hailed as one of the top retirement destinations in the country.
- Mother Nature never disappoints, and there is never a shortage of things to see and do, especially if you bring with you an adventurous spirit. Between the straights of Juan de Fuca, the Olympic Mountains, and the Washington Coast not too far away, there are endless ways in which to explore the beautiful outdoors. And, since Sequim is a relatively moderate and dry climate, the outdoors can be enjoyed throughout all four seasons of the year.
So, as you can see, we aren’t just saying Sequim is a place to be. The proof is in these added values, and the high quality of life enjoyed by residents of this charming town. If you don’t believe us, then a visit is in order. There was a reason, afterall, that Sequim was recently named as one of the top 5 small towns to live in throughout the State of Washington. When you’re ready, contact our experienced Real Estate Agents.