First Friday Art Walk in Sequim
When most people think of Sequim, they think of a quiet, quaint small town nestled at the foot of the Olympic Mountains. Sequim is a town known predominately for two things: It’s remarkably mild and sunny weather year-round, and it’s stunning lavender fields. Those are certainly two great things to know about Sequim, but there’s so much more to this charming community. It is a wonderful tight-knit community, and is home to a thriving arts community, bountiful farms and farmers markets, interesting antiquing and shopping downtown, delicious restaurants, and an abundance of natural resources for the avid outdoor enthusiast. In fact, it’s pretty hard for us to find things we don’t like about Sequim. One of our favorite times of the month are the First Friday art walks. Given that an art walk is coming up this week, we think it’s a great time to highlight the Sequim Art Walks. Hopefully you can join us for one soon.
Sequim’s Friday Art Walk
Sequim’s Art Walks always take place on the first Friday of the month. The next one will be Friday, March 3rd., and it’s already looking like a promising evening. The themed color for the month of March is green–appropriate for the reemergence of spring in the Pacific Northwest! The color green is meant to represent eternal good spirits, new ideas, wellness, generous support, nurturing natures, and youthful pursuits. Get into the spirit of this month’s art walk by wearing something green, and coming to downtown Sequim for the self-guided tour through Sequim’s local art venues. Here are a few of the places you’ll tour during the art walk:
- Lamb Farm Kitchen will be showcasing Jan Kepley’s photography. Jan has been a photographer since 1977, and primarily focuses on macro floral, scenic and concept pieces. After a brief stint in wedding and portrait work, Jan retired, and his photography is now utilized for website design, presentation programming, videos, wall hung prints and a greeting card line.
- Blue Whole Gallery will be host to two great displays: “Doing Our Own Thing” with featured artist Barbara Boerigter, and Ryoko Toyama, a watermedia artist.
- R&T Crystals and Beads will be hosting a jewelry demonstration.
- The Museum and Arts Center will feature works by Reiko Yamaguchi Barclay, including her “Polar Bear Illustrations.” The Works of Reiko Yamaguchi Barclay have been displayed world-wide, including public murals. Also, in 1991, she was designated one of the 75 best children’s illustrators.
- Wind Rose Cellars will be hosting local talent Hot Llamas, a local bluegrass/newgrass band.
Other venues to visit during this upcoming Friday Art Walk include Cedarbrook Lavender Shop, Sequim Spice and Tea, Mia Bella, and The Bag Ladies of Sequim. If you can’t make it to Sequim this Friday, then mark your calender for next month. The focus of next month’s Art Walk will center around the color pink, and will surely be a fascinating evening in downtown Sequim. As always, if you have any questions or want to know more about the greater Sequim area, contact our local Real Estate Agents. We’re happy to help!