Enjoy the Winter in Sequim
Sequim, known as a respite from the typically gray and rainy Pacific Northwest, is a wonderful place to be during the winter. So many of us tend to stay indoors, out of the harsh elements of winter. But in Sequim, we have the chance to do exactly the opposite. Whether you’re looking for traditional winter activities, such as skiing, snowshoeing, and sledding, or whether you just want to take a quiet walk through nature this winter, Sequim has what you’re looking for. It doesn’t matter what the weather does in Western Washington; there’s always something to do in Sequim. Come fall in love with the charms of the Olympic Peninsula; you won’t want to leave!
Sequim is a Winter Wonderland
Did you know that even in the middle of winter, spending time at the beach is not only possible, but popular on the Olympic Peninsula? By in large, the winter stays in the mountains, and the rest of us enjoy the relatively mild weather and the always-accessible outdoors down here at sea-level. When you’re ready to play this winter, here are our favorite ways to enjoy everything the Pacific Northwest has to offer:
- In just a few minutes from any location in Sequim, you can be on the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, enjoying the scenery and its many inhabitants.
- If you’re willing to explore further, drive a couple of hours west and find the incredible scenery and perfect solitude along any of the ocean beaches. Second Beach in La Push, Kalaloch and Ruby Beach, and Shi Shi Beach are particular favorites.
- The Olympic Discovery Trail is always a wonderful place for walking and bicycling, as is the historic Railroad Bridge Park.
- While very little snow actually falls in Sequim itself, you’re never too far away from a day of powdery white fun in places like local favorite Hurricane Ridge. This beautiful area gets an astounding average of 400 inches of snow each year, and offers stunning views, alpine skiing and snowboarding, as well as cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails.
- Beyond Hurricane Ridge, there are an abundant number of trails and Sno-Parks that can be enjoyed by cross-country skiers and snowshoers throughout the winter months.
When you’re done playing in the snow and ready for a little down time, both Sequim and Port Angeles have a wonderful variety of restaurants to enjoy as you refuel for another day. Port Angeles favorites include Bella Italia and The Next Door Gastropub, and Sequim favorites are the Oak Table Cafe, Alderwood Bistro, and Jose’s Famous Salsa.
If you’d like more information on the many great offerings in Sequim, contact our Real Estate Office today. We have extensive knowledge of the greater Sequim and Port Angeles area, and are well-suited to help you find a spectacular home on the Olympic Peninsula.