Escape a Rainy Day in Sequim
We spend a lot of time on this blog talking about Sequim’s generally sunny and enjoyable weather, especially when compared to our neighbors on the Olympic and Kitsap Peninsulas. Believe it or not, Sequim still does get a measurable amount of rain. Like it or not, the rainy season is here, and we may as well talk about it. On average Sequim’s annual rainfall is only around 16 inches, so there are still occasional rainy days. It’s our job as Real Estate Agents to provide a complete picture of Sequim to our clients, and we happen to think it’s a good idea to know what there is to do in Sequim when that wet stuff shows up.
Spend a Rainy Day in Sequim
Sequim likes to talk more about it’s spectacular, and unusual for the Northwest weather than we do about our rainy days. That’s understandable. Living in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains is unique and certainly notable. Despite this, we can easily argue that Sequim is just as enjoyable on a rainy day as it is on a sunny one. Sometimes it takes a little willingness and creativity, and definitely the proper rain gear is recommended. Nevertheless, here are our favorite ways to spend a rainy day in Sequim:
- Bundle up with a raincoat, and head to the Dungness National Wildlife Refuge. Sure, it’s rainy outside, but that doesn’t stop the locals! The beach is just enjoyable on a rainy day, and sometimes more so when the powerful waves start crashing ashore.
- Browse through the many wonderful shops that line Sequim’s downtown core.
- Pop into local favorite Hurricane Coffee Company for a warm, delicious cup of their coffee.
- Watch a live performance at the wonderful Olympic Theater Arts.
- Head on down to the newly opened YMCA for a swim.
- Enjoy an incredible meal at one of Sequim’s delicious restaurants.
- Head to the Seven Cedars Casino for a little game play or entertainment.
- Enjoy some wine tasting at local wineries.
- Explore the exhibits at the Museum and Arts Center.
There is more than enough to do in Sequim to make those rainy days enjoyable. You can even head to neighboring Port Angeles or Port Townsend for even more fun in the rain. The bottom line is this: Sequim is an unbelievable destination, any time of the year. If you want to know more, contact one of our real estate agents today!